Things you will need:
- Little screwdriver (or some small tool for pushing and prying)
- USB MicroSD card reader
- Firmware -> attached to your email
Removing the MicroSD card from the programmable web server (PWS):
- First you must remove the slide-in clip on the bottom of the PWS. The easiest way to remove this clip is to press down on the tab with a screwdriver or small tool, while simultaneously sliding the clip towards the middle of the PWS.
- After the clip is removed, you can stick your tool between the edge of the outer casing and the bottom cover, and pry upwards until the bottom pops out. Make sure to carefully remove the bottom cover without breaking any of the plastic.
- Before you attempt to remove the circuit board from the PWS shell, you must first remove the green connector on the side. The best way is to gently pry it out evenly using a small tool like in step one.
- Once the cover is off and the green connector is removed, you are ready to remove the circuit board from the shell. The next step must be completed with caution, as there is an antenna beneath the board that is secured to the inside of the PWS using tape.
- Gently tap the PWS on your palm until the circuit board pops out partially, and carefully maneuver it so that you can see the top of it without actually removing the taped antenna.
- Now locate the MicroSD card which is secured using a hinged metal card holder. In order to remove the card, you must push down, and slide back on the card holder. It will lift up once you have unlocked it, and you can lift the MicroSD card right out.
Upgrading the firmware on the PWS:
- Insert the MicroSD card you took out of the programmable web server into the MicroSD card reader, and plug it into a USB port on your PC.
- Navigate to the folder containing the files for that MicroSD card in Windows Explorer.
- Delete only the "WWW" folder and "IMAGE.HEX", and place the "WWW" folder and "IMAGE.HEX" from the updated firmware version in the root of the MicroSD card.
- Make sure to properly eject the USB drive, and remove it from your computer.
- Remove the MicroSD card from the card reader, and insert it back into the card slot on the circuit board of the PWS.
Reassembling the PWS & perform a Hard Reset:
- Follow the disassembly steps in reverse order to reassemble the programmable web server.
- Provide power to the PWS.
- Perform a hard reset by pressing the "reset" button once, waiting for the lights to blink green and then red, once red press the reset button again.
- Once this has been performed you should see a single blinking red light. See attached video for reference.